August 31, 2021
How to Declutter Your Phone and Your Digital Life
All of us can be a bit careless when it comes to organizing our phones. Digital information tends to pile up from useless pictures to obsolete files. This results in less storage space on our devices, difficulty in locating relevant information, and clutter filling up our phones.
As the new year begins, now is an excellent chance to restructure your digital life, especially following a year in which time spent on phones increased dramatically due to lockdowns.
A Simple Guide to Get a Clutter-Free Digital Life
The first step is to make a list of all the applications on your device. After that start eliminating all those unnecessary applications that are taking up your device’s precious storage. Unsubscribe from all those useless newsletters and channels as well, give your inbox some breathing space.
Go into your files manager and identify what is taking up the most space on your phone. The following measures should be taken:
Now the next question is how to maintain this momentum. Avoid subscribing to anything that won’t benefit you in the long term, routinely clean the cache of the apps in use, weekly delete all the unwanted media and emails and most of all be consistent with your routine.
- If a messaging app is taking the majority of the space then get rid of all the old chats that you no longer require
- Delete emails that are cluttering your inbox, unsubscribe from newsletters that aren't useful, and arrange your inbox with category tags.
- Silence your notifications, turn off email notifications, and unfollow accounts that aren't helping you achieve your objectives.
- Free up space on a hard disk and organize it externally, Save 1 to 3 of the most memorable moments from a trip, an experience, or a gathering of family and friends on your phone. Remove the ones you don't wish to keep by using a duplicate photo cleaner.
- Delete the ones you haven't used in the last 30 days and haven't opened, Delete the cache from all of your frequently used apps.
- Keep only the documents and downloads that are relevant to you and remove the rest.